If you cook a lot, chances are you’ve tried nearly every recipe that there is from the standard sources. Whether you get your cooking inspiration from cookbooks or from food sites on the internet, sometimes we want another source for recipes. If you spend much time on social media, you probably know that there are plenty of celebrities and other pop cultural figures who have tried their hand at cooking as well. Still, what you might not know is that a lot of these recipes actually taste delicious! No matter whether you love Chrissy Teigen or Marilyn Monroe (or both), we’ve got you covered. Here are 10 of the most delicious celebrity recipes we’ve ever tried.
1. Laura Bush’s Cowboy Cookies
Ok, so maybe you don’t consider Laura Bush a “celebrity” in the same sense that we usually use that word. Regardless, we had to include this recipe because it’s simply so delicious. Although many of the recipes on this list are savory dinners or side dishes, we figured we would start off with something sweet and easy that you’ll be sure to make again and again. Here’s how you do it:
3 cups of flour
1 1/2 cups of butter (at room temperature)
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 1/2 cups of light-brown sugar
3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 cups of rolled oats
2 cups of sweetened flake coconut
2 cups of chopped pecans
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 tablespoon of baking soda
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of salt
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Next, mix together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In another bowl, beat together the butter with an electric mixer until it turns creamy. Next, add in your sugars and mix everything up until it’s well-combined.
4. Add your eggs in one at a time and beat the batter up each time. Add your vanilla in as well.
5. Add your flour mixture in as well and beat everything on low until it combines. Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut, oats and pecans as well.
6. When you’re all done, scoop the dough out in quarter-cup portions onto a baking sheet. Make sure each one is three inches apart.
7. Bake the cookies for 15 to 17 minutes and turn the sheets halfway through the cook time. When they’re done, take them out of the oven, let them cool on wire racks and enjoy!
2. Oprah’s Love Sandwich
Oprah is one of the world’s richest people, worth nearly three billion dollars. She’s also a chef in her spare time and the creator of this tasty sandwich—one that she’s made for Stedman many times over! Put more simply, this recipe is basically a turkey and cheese panini, but it’s still one of the tastiest sandwiches we’ve tried in a long time. Fortunately, it’s also incredibly easy to make. Here’s how you do it:
2 slices of sourdough bread
1 teaspoon of light mayonnaise
3 ounces of thinly sliced turkey
2 ounces of thinly sliced pepper jack cheese
2 basil leaves
electric panini grill
1. Begin by preheating your panini press to medium-high. If you don’t have one, preheat a skillet over medium-high.
2. Brush one side of each of your slices with olive oil and place them with the oiled side down. Brush the other side with a teaspoon of light mayo.
3. Split your turkey, cheese and basil leaves between the two slices of bread.
4. When the sandwich is ready, put it together and put it in the preheated panini press and grill it for three to five minutes. If preparing it in a skillet, cook for several minutes on each side until it turns golden and crispy. When it’s done, cut into it and serve!
3. Chrissy Teigen’s Slow-Scrambled Eggs
Chrissy Teigen is one of the internet’s most popular figures. By this time, she’s also released several of her own cookbooks at this point under the Cravings brand. Still, you don’t need to buy one of the books to make her signature scrambled egg recipe. The process is simple, easy and ends up tasting buttery and delicious. Once you make them this way once, you may never make them another way again. Here’s how you do it:
1/4 cup of heavy cream
3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 tablespoons of chopped herbs
cooked bacon (for serving)
1. Begin by whisking together your eggs and cream together in a mixing bowl with some salt and pepper.
2. In the mean time, heat up a large non-stick skillet over low heat. Add butter to the pan and let it melt and froth a bit before adding your eggs.
3. Use a spatula to keep stirring the eggs until it forms very soft curds. Gently graze and pull around the pan, pushing all the eggs from the outside into the middle. Keep moving everything towards the middle until the eggs are done (about 20 to 30 minutes)!
4. When everything is done, add chopped herbs and serve with bacon.
4. Marilyn Monroe’s Stuffing
Marilyn Monroe is one of the most famous Hollywood starlets of all time. As it turns out, she also had a killer recipe for stuffing that she made herself. Over time, her recipe spread around and more people got the chance to try it. As a fair warning, the stuffing recipe does use liver in it. Regardless, it ends up tasting so meaty and delicious which we’re sure to love. Here’s how you make it:
1 loaf of sourdough bread
1/2 pound of chicken or turkey livers
1/2 pound of ground beef
1 tablespoon of oil
4 chopped celery stalks
1 onion, chopped
2 cups of chopped parsley
2 hard-boiled eggs
1 1/2 cups of raisins
1 cup of grated Parmesan
1 1/4 cups of chopped walnuts
2 teaspoons of dried rosemary
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
2 teaspoons of dried thyme
3 bay leaves
1 tablespoon of salt-free poultry seasoning
1 tablespoon of kosher salt
1 tablespoon of pepper
1. Cut your loaf of bread in half and soak it in cold water for 15 minutes. When the time is up, wring it out and shred it.
2. Boil your livers for eight minutes in salted water and chop them up into pieces no than a bean.
3. Heat a skillet up to medium-high and brown the ground beef in oil, stirring it up periodically and breaking it up.
4. Get out a big mixing bowl and combine your bread, livers, beef, celery, onion, parsley, eggs, raisins, Parmesan and nuts. Toss everything around to combine.
5. Whisk together your rosemary, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper as well. Spread it over the stuffing and mix again.
6. Refrigerate and cover the mix until you’re ready to bake. When you’re ready, scoop it into a baking dish and bake it at 350 degrees for an hour!
5. Beyoncé’s Guacamole
Beyoncé is a world-wide phenomenon and one of the most talented artists in the world. She has also published one single recipe of hers online… and it’s for her own signature guacamole. Although many people have their own versions of guacamole, the Queen B’s is simple, easy to make and ends up tasting delicious. And after all, who doesn’t want to try something that Beyoncé made? Here’s how you do it:
1 clove of garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons of lime juice
1. Peel your avocados and take the pits out of them. After that, smash them up with a spoon in a bowl leaving them still slightly chunky.
2. Add your onion, garlic, tomato, lime juice, salt and pepper and mix everything up.
3. Once it’s all combined, put the bowl in the fridge and put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
4. After that, take it out, serve with corn chips and enjoy!
6. Patti LaBelle’s Rainbow Mac and Cheese
For those who don’t know, Patti LaBelle is one of the world’s most iconic soul singers. She released the iconic song “Lady Marmalade” and was part of the first African-American vocal group to be on the cover of Rolling Stone. What few people know, however, is that she also has her own signature macaroni and cheese recipe that tastes absolutely incredible. Like all the dishes on this list, this one couldn’t be easier to make. Here’s how you do it:
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 pound of macaroni
9 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of shredded muenster cheese
1/2 cup of shredded mild cheddar
1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar
1/2 cup of shredded Monterey jack cheese
2 cups of half-and-half
8 ounces of cubed Velveeta cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt
1/8 teaspoon of ground pepper
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. After that, lightly butter a deep baking dish.
2. Bring a big pot of water to a rapid boil and add macaroni and a tablespoon of oil.
3. Cook the macaroni for seven minutes until it becomes tender.
4. Drain the pasta and put it back in the pot.
5. In a sauce pan, melt eight tablespoons of butter and stir it into the macaroni.
6. In a big bowl, combine all your shredded cheese.
7. Add a cup and a half of cheese, half-and-half, cubed Velveeta, eggs, seasoning salt and pepper to the macaroni. Mix everything together.
8. Transfer it all into your buttered casserole dish and top it off with shredded cheese. Dot the top of it with one tablespoon of butter.
9. Bake the dish for 30 to 35 minutes until it turns bubbly and the edges are golden brown.
10. When it’s done, cut into it and serve!
7. Meghan Markle’s Zucchini Bolognese Pasta
Before she became the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle was an American actress who starred on shows like Suits. Though she’s since retired from acting to be a member of the British royal family, she has also contributed this tasty zucchini bolognese pasta to the world. As always, this dish tastes great and is simple enough to throw together. Here’s how you make it:
1 tablespoon of olive oil
5 chopped zucchini
1 chopped onion
1/2 cup of water
3/4 pound of rigatoni
1 cup of grated Parmesan
juice of half a lemon
red pepper flakes
1. Heat your olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Next, add onion and cook it for about six minutes, until it turns soft.
2. Stir in your zucchini, water and bouillon cube and season it all with salt and pepper.
3. Turn the heat down to low and cover the pot. Let it all cook for four hours, stirring frequently. When it’s ready, the zucchini will all break down and turn mushy.
4. Just before the time is up, boil a pot of salted water and add your rigatoni. Cook the noodles according to the instructions and drain them.
5. Season your sauce with salt and pepper and stir in the lemon juice. Add Parmesan and red pepper flakes, mix with the noodles and serve!
8. Sheryl Crow’s Roasted Spring Veggies and Quinoa
Sheryl Crow is most well-known for her hit songs “All I Wanna Do” and “If It Makes You Happy.” Aside from her musical output, Crow is also a vegetarian and has released her own cookbook with lots of plant-based recipes. On that point, one of her most delicious dishes is this quinoa and roasted veggie recipe which tastes absolutely incredible. Even if you’re not used to cooking quinoa, this dish tastes amazing and is healthy to boot! Here’s how you make it:
1 bunch of asparagus, chopped
1 cup of diced zucchini
1 cup of diced yellow squash
1 red onion, diced
4 cups of cooked quinoa
2 cups of fresh spinach
1/2 cup of roasted red peppers, diced
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of canola oil
2 teaspoons of maple syrup
2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons of chopped basil
1 teaspoon of chopped dill
1 teaspoon of chopped tarragon
1/4 cup of olive oil
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with oil.
3. In a big bowl, mix your asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash and onion. Sprinkle it with garlic powder and canola oil and toss it around to coat. Add salt and pepper at the end.
4. Spread the vegetables around the baking sheet and roast it until it softens for 10 to 12 minutes. Take it out of the oven and set it aside so that it cools.
5. In the meantime, whisk together your maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, basil, dill and tarragon. Add salt and pepper and gradually whisk in olive oil.
6. In another bowl, toss your roasted veggies with cooked quinoa, spinach and red peppers. Drizzle your olive oil mix over the top and toss it around.
7. After that, cover the bowl and refrigerate it for 12 hours. When it’s cool enough, serve!
9. Alicia Silverstone’s Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin pie is definitely delicious any time of year, though it’s particularly popular in the fall. Still, not everyone can have pumpkin pie depending on their dietary restrictions. Fortunately, Clueless actress Alicia Silverstone has an incredible pumpkin pie recipe that’s actually vegan-friendly. If you were looking for a unique, healthy and delicious dessert dish, this pie is definitely worth a try. Here’s how you do it:
1 can of pureed pumpkin
1 package of silken tofu
1 nine-inch vegan pie shell
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
1 teaspoon of allspice
1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
2-3 tablespoons of cornstarch
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Blend together your pumpkin and sugar before adding salt, spices, cornstarch and tofu. Mix everything up.
3. Pour the mix into your pie shell and bake it for 15 minutes. After that, lower the heat to 350 degrees and bake for another hour.
4. When it’s all done, chill the pie and serve!
10. John Wayne’s Cheese Casserole
Last but not least, we have John Wayne’s own cheese casserole, a delicious and easy comfort food. John Wayne is, of course, a legendary Hollywood actor who starred in so many classic Westerns. He also had a stocky build—and recipes like this one prove where he got it from! Still, as long as you don’t eat this one all the time, it’s a delicious meal that you’ll love. Here’s how you make it:
2 cans of drained green chilis
1 pound of grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 pound of grated cheddar cheese
4 egg whites
4 egg yolks
2 sliced tomatoes
2/3 cup of canned evaporated milk
1 tablespoon of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of pepper
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 325 degrees. In the meantime, deseed your chilies and dice them.
2. Next, mix your cheese and chilies together in a big bowl and pour it into a buttered casserole pan.
3. After that, mix your egg whites together until they form stiff peaks. In another bowl, mix your yolks, milk, flour, salt and pepper as well.
4. Pour that mix over your cheese and mix it all up with a fork.
5. When it’s ready, put the dish in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes.
6. After that, add your sliced tomatoes on top and bake it for another 30 minutes.
No matter who your favorite celebrities are, chances are they have at least one of their own signature recipes available on the internet. Though we’ve only given a preview here, all of these recipes are delicious and easy enough to make any time. Whether you’re looking for a light snack, a tasty dinner or a sweet dessert, there should be enough on this list to keep you busy. Have you given any of these recipes a try? Which ones are your favorites? Let us know in the comments area below.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group