Of all the many different ingredients we can use to make dinner, bacon is perhaps one of the most widely beloved—and it’s not hard to see why. There’s something about the uniquely salty, greasy and crispy taste of bacon that really hits the spot in just about any recipe it’s added to. If it’s breakfast time, you can fry up some straight strips of bacon to serve with your eggs or you can mix them together for an omelette. At dinner, you might have your bacon crunched up and mixed into some mashed potatoes.
The recipe we’re making today, however, is a more party-oriented bacon recipe that just might be the best tasting snack we’ve had in a long time. That’s right, we’re making a bacon cream cheese bombs that are absolutely perfect as a party snack. This recipe is particularly good for anybody who is on a low-carb diet, but if you’re feeling particularly indulgent, feel free to make them anytime you need a delicious and cheesy snack. Let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuits
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 8 ounces of bacon
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
Here’s what you do:
1. To start, get out a medium mixing bowl and mix together your cream cheese, cooked bacon bits, green onions, garlic salt and parmesan cheese.
2. Next, open up your can of biscuit dough and carefully pull it apart to separate the individual biscuits. Roll each out out flat and use a spoon to scoop a little bit of the cream cheese mixture into the middle of each one.
3. Once you’ve used all the filling, carefully fold the edges up and around to make sure each one is folded together neatly. Pinch the edges together so that it seals up as well.
4. When you’ve done this for all of your biscuits, spread them all out on a greased baking sheet and sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese on top of each one. When the oven is hot enough, pop the sheet in and bake the entire thing for 11 to 13 minutes.
5. Check on them after the time is up to make sure that each one is golden brown and crispy and that the cheese has melted into the tops as well. When they look good, pull them out and serve them up hot!
As you can see, this recipe is clearly not a low-fat option for either your diet or for any parties you may be throwing in the near future. What it is, however, is a deliciously creamy and bacon-filled snack that you and your family members are guaranteed to love. If you set these out at a party, they are guaranteed to be gone in no time at all.
As always, there are still ways to add your own tweaks to this recipe as you see fit. If you want to use a different cheese on top of everything, feel free. If you want to use garlic salt instead of garlic powder in your recipe, go for it but only use a 1/4 teaspoon. We leave the details up to you—just have fun with this one and let us know how it turns out!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: Centsless Deals