For many of us, finding the time to cook delicious meals can be difficult. When it comes to eating well and not putting a ton of effort in, slow cooker recipes can come in very handy. Even without having a well-thought-out meal plan, adding some meat, frozen veggies and a tomato sauce can lead to a tasty chili that you can eat for days. Still, going into it with a good plan can lead to some of the best meals you’ve ever had.
Today, we’re going to show you how to make a brown sugar slow cooker chicken dish that is deliciously sweet and tender. As with most slow cooker recipes, all you have to do is throw all your ingredients together, set it and forget about it. When it’s ready to eat, the combination of the sugar with the other spices creates a perfect marinade that you’ll want to make again and again. So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 7 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- 3 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
Here’s what you do:
1. To get started, pour your brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, chili flakes, soy sauce, pepper and butter in your slow cooker. Give it a stir to make sure it’s all well-combined.
2. After that, get out a small bowl and combine your water and cornstarch together, mixing it into a slurry. Keep stirring it until there aren’t any lumps leftover and add it into your slow cooker as well, mixing it all up.
3. When the sauce is ready, add your chicken breasts into the slow cooker as well and roll them around so they’re well-coated. After that, cover the slow cooker up and set it to cook on low for four hours.
4. When the time is up, open it and make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through. If it all looks good, take the chicken out and top it off with your toasted sesame seeds! Serve it up with a side of rice or noodles.
As you can see, the ingredients in this recipe are easy enough to use and require very little preparation. At the end, your meat should be perfectly marinated, tender and delicious. If you’d like the sauce to be thicker, take the chicken out of the slow cooker at the end of the cook time and put the remaining liquid in a small sauce pot or pan. Let it reduce over medium heat for five to 10 minutes until it seems as thick as you want it.
While the above recipe is simple enough to pull off, you can make your own tweaks to it as you see fit. If you think it needs more veggies, try adding some carrots and broccoli to the mix. Above all, have fun with this recipe and let us know how it all turns out!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: Cooktop Cove