The world can pretty neatly be divided into two groups of people: those who love chocolate and those who don’t. For our part, count us among the people who do. There’s something so deliciously complex about the flavor of chocolate, a richness that brings all the other ingredients around it to life. Whether it’s cookies, frosting or actual chocolate truffles, those of us who love chocolate truly can’t get enough—even if it’s at the expense of our own health. As the saying goes, sometimes you’re craving chocolate and nothing else will do.
If all of this sounds familiar to you, we’ve got a perfect recipe for you to try out. If you’re truly craving chocolate, this simple but robust chocolate cake is guaranteed to do the trick. Although this recipe isn’t going to win any awards for healthiness, it’s definitely guaranteed to scratch whatever chocolate itch you may have. Does this all sound good? Then let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of boiling water (or coffee for richer flavor)
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Here’s what you do:
1. Before starting, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. After that, get out an 8×8-inch baking dish and line it with parchment paper. In the meantime, spray the sides and the bottom of the pan with cooking spray as well. Once that’s done, pour your flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl of your stand mixer. Give it a stir to roughly combine it all.
2. After that, add your egg, milk, oil and vanilla and mix the whole thing on low until it’s all incorporated. Once it seems well-combined, increase the speed to medium and keep mixing it all up for two more minutes. Add your boiling water or coffee into the mix and stir it up gently, resulting in a very thin batter.
3. When the batter is ready, pour it into your greased up dish and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes in the oven. When the time is up, do the toothpick test to make sure that the batter is cooked all the way through. Let it cool off for 10 minutes before taking it out of the pan and cooling it the rest of the way on a cooling rack.
4. While your cake cools, get out a bowl and pour in your chocolate chips. Melt them in the microwave at half power for 30 seconds at a time. Stir between each increment and keep repeating until all the chips are totally melted. Add your sour cream and vanilla into the melted chocolate and stir it up by hand until everything is well-combined and fluffy.
5. When your cake is cool enough, frost it with your chocolate frosting. Cool it off a little more in the fridge for a while or cut in and enjoy right away!
Although this recipe is a relatively straightforward way to make chocolate cake, it’s sure to hit the spot for anybody who has truly been craving chocolate. Sometimes, a simple trip to the store for the easy ingredients is enough to satisfy someone craving a dessert. For all those other times, this recipe is sure to do the trick. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group
Source: I Am Baker