For easy dessert recipes, nothing beats a pre-made roll of dough that you can bake at home. Although we all love to eat homemade chocolate chip cookies or whatever else we like, it’s so much easier to go to the store, get a roll, pop it in the oven and have fresh baked goods in 15 minutes to a half hour. Still, there are ways to take advantage of the ease of these pre-made desserts while still making them your own.
That’s why today, we’re going to make some cinnamon roll apple pie cups which are truly so delicious. The beautiful thing about this recipe is that you can buy both the cinnamon roll dough and the apple pie filling pre-made to save you preparation time. On the other hand, combining the two in this creative way makes an entirely new dessert that you’re sure to want again and again. So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 can of cinnamon roll dough
- 1/3 cup of apple pie filling
Here’s what you do:
1. Before you get started, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. After that, get out a muffin tin and be sure to grease up each one of the cups with nonstick cooking spray.
2. With that done, open up your cinnamon roll dough and break it up into eight separate rolls. Next, put each one of the rolls into one of the muffin cups, pressing down on it so it molds into the bottom.
3. Next, open up your apple pie filling and spoon out roughly two tablespoons of filling on top of the cinnamon dough in each cup. When the oven is hot enough, pop the tray in and let it bake for between 14 to 18 minutes.
4. At the end, take it out and make sure each one looks gooey and delicious. If they’re ready, take the frosting package that comes with the cinnamon roll dough and drizzle it over each one and you’re ready to eat!
As you can see, this dessert really couldn’t be easier to make and requires almost no preparation at all. Still, the end result is nice, snackable dessert cups combining two classic flavors that your whole family is sure to love. Still, within the recipe we’ve listed above, there’s still plenty of room to make this dessert more or less fancy, depending on your needs.
If you want to skip the pre-made apple pie filling and make it yourself for a fresher flavor, feel free! As an added trick, you can break each cinnamon roll chunk into two pieces, laying the main part of it in the bottom and saving a little bit for a top layer in each muffin tin to make mini apple pies! Make sure to slice little cuts into the top if you go this route to let them air out during the baking process. No matter what you end up doing, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. As always, have fun with the process and let us know how it all turns out!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group
Source: 12 Tomatoes