Of all the desserts there are in the world, cake is one of the most beloved of all. Although we may not have it all the time, it’s there for us on all the most special occasions—namely on birthdays and for other celebrations. Whether you’re making it from scratch or using a box of pre-made mix, it’s hard to go wrong with one of these fluffy and sugary baked creations. Do you have a favorite kind? Though the answers we all give may vary, few things are as decadent as a truly sumptuous chocolate cake.
We all have our favorite varieties of cake but even the best recipes can get old after a while. It’s moments like these where we may begin to experiment with our recipes and see how we can make them even better than they usually are. Sometimes our experiments are strictly for flavor purposes, sometimes they’re for convenience and sometimes they’re for both. The recipe we have today crosses off all these categories and results in an original and delicious creation. That’s right, we’re talking about chocolate Coca-Cola cake—and all you need to make it are two simple ingredients. So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 12-ounce can of Coca-Cola
Here’s what you do:
1. Before anything else, make sure your oven is preheating to 350 degrees. In the meantime, get a large mixing bowl and pour in your cake mix along with a can of coke, mixing it all together well. Although you can do this step by hand with a whisk, it may be easier on you to use an electric mixer to get it done quickly!
2. Once your dough is well-combined, get a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and line it with some parchment paper. After you’ve done that, carefully pour your batter into the pan and make sure it smooths out to form an even surface.
3. When the oven has reached its desired temperature, pop your cake tin in there and let it bake for about 35 minutes. Once enough time has passed, take it out and do the toothpick test on it to make sure it’s ready to eat! In other words, stab a toothpick in the middle of the dough. If it comes out clean, your dough is cooked through!
4. Let the entire thing cool for a little while before slicing it into squares with a sharp knife—as the dough can be crumbly, a sharper knife works best here. Serve hot and add a glass of milk or a scoop of ice cream as you see fit!
Ok, so this is technically a delicious brownie recipe that uses cake mix and Coke rather than strictly a cake recipe… but it’s still incredible! Above all, we don’t think we’ve come across a recipe that’s quite as easy as this one is in quite a long time. While the above instructions are pretty plain, you can always spice this recipe up by adding in some chocolate chunks or by adding some frosting at the end for another burst of flavor.
For what it’s worth, adding soda to your cake mix actually works with mixes other than Coca-Cola as well. You can do a similar brownie recipe by adding Dr. Pepper as well, but why stop there? If you’re getting really experimental, try this with root beer or ginger ale as well to try some unusual flavors. The one warning is that you may want to tweak the recipe if it’s too crumbly—adding an egg could do the trick. Above all, enjoy!
Have you given this recipe a shot? Let us know how it went in the comments below.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group