Among the seasons, summer is loved for many different reasons. For kids, it means that school is finally out and they get to have fun all day. The rest of us probably welcome the sunshine and heat over the snow and the cold. When it comes to food, we’re probably all used to cooking out and inviting friends over to enjoy the warm weather as well. Still, one underrated part of the season is that it means summer squash and zucchini are officially in season. Though they go great on any grill, many of us probably don’t use these veggies as often or as creatively as we could.
Fortunately, we have yet another use for them for you in this delicious recipe. Today, we’re going to make parmesan garlic chicken with a side of sweet zucchini. In addition to its deliciously rich flavor, you can make this dinner all in one pan in no time at all. So what are we waiting for? Let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan, plus one tablespoon
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
Here’s what you do:
1. First, start by setting a skillet over medium-high heat and melt in two tablespoons of butter. In a side dish, melt another four tablespoons of butter. Have another dish nearby where you mix your breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and flour. Give it all a stir to combine.
2. With your dishes set, dip each one of your chicken breasts in the melted butter dish and then in the breadcrumb dish until they’re coated all the way around. Once all of your breasts are coated, drop them in your hot skillet.
3. Cook the chicken on each side for about three to four minutes, until the outside is nice and crispy and the inside is cooked all the way through. When they’re done, set them aside on a plate nearby.
4. When that’s done, add another two tablespoons of butter to the skillet and throw in your minced garlic as well. Let it sauté for about a minute before adding in your sliced zucchini. Keep cooking them until they turn nice and tender.
5. As the zucchini get cooked, add salt and pepper to taste along with your last tablespoon of parmesan cheese. At this stage, drop your chicken breasts back in the pan and let them heat up for a few minutes. After that, you’re ready to serve!
Everybody loves a homemade fried chicken recipe, but what sets these difference recipes apart is their execution. This one couldn’t be easier to make while still being so delicious—and the added side of the zucchini with the chicken and parmesan flavor goes together perfectly well. After you’ve made this recipe once or twice, feel free to experiment with the breading somewhat to add your own flair to it. If you like a little spice, why not add some cayenne pepper? You could even add a little buttermilk to your eggs for a creamier flavor. We leave it up to you—let us know how it goes and enjoy!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: The Recipe Critic