We all enjoy fruits, but everyone can relate to the struggle of choosing the best ones, keeping them fresh, and even cutting them. So we’ve gone ahead and compiled a list of the best tips to help you accomplish all of these things – and we’ve focused on cantaloupes, pineapples, watermelons, and strawberries. So take a look through this list for the best tips on them.
Nothing is as refreshing as the sweet, juicy taste of a watermelon on a summer day. However, a watermelon can only be as good as the one you choose from the market. You may think that choosing a great watermelon is up to chance, but there are actually several ways to spot the perfect watermelon.
In addition, we’ve compiled the best tips to choose other fruits (and even to make them last longer). We hope you find these helpful and informative!
1) How to pick the perfect cantaloupe
2) For cantaloupes, first check out the rind for any defects.
3) Examine the skin color carefully
4) Consider the weight
5) Gently push in on the blossom end of the fruit
6) Give it a few taps
7) Smell it!
8) How To Pick The Perfect Pineapple
9) For Pineapples, don’t fall for the leaf test. Instead, examine the color.
10) Check the leaves.
11) Give the pineapple a squeeze.
12) Smell the bottom of it!
13) How To Pick The Perfect Watermelon
14) Field Spot
16) Boy or Girl?
19) How To Cut A Watermelon
20) How to make strawberries last longer
21) And when it comes to keeping strawberries fresh, there are a few things to be aware of
22) Here is what you’ll need
23) Step 1: Making the solution
24) Step 2: Soaking the berries
25) Step 3: Drying the strawberries
26) Step 4: Storing the strawberries
27) Bonus tips #1
28) Bonus tip #2