When’s the last time you made meatloaf? Although meatloaf may have developed somewhat of a negative connotation over the years, it’s actually quite a delicious dish when prepared properly (and maybe topped with gravy). For whatever reason, we don’t make meatloaf that often. Maybe it’s because we don’t think everyone will like it or we think that it’ll be too much work to do in the oven. Fortunately, there’s an easier way to make delicious meatloaf that you may not have heard of. Though you can use a slow cooker to make this as well, a pressure cooker is the ideal way to make it.
In addition to making the main dish of meatloaf, this one even comes along with some sides built in as well. That’s right, this recipe is for delicious meatloaf and mashed potatoes. You can cook it all in the crock pot at the same time in separate sections and have a full meal ready when it’s done. If nothing else, this recipe has a great hack for your future slow cooker recipes as well. So let’s do it!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of honey barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons of mustard
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 3 pounds of yellow potatoes
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of half and half
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3/4 cups of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
Here’s what you do:
1. To start, take our your potatoes, rinse them off and take out any eyes or bruises. After that, quarter them and arrange them in the bottom of your pressure cooker in a roughly even layer. Pour your chicken broth in as well and lay your pressure cooker rack on top of it so that it lays flat.
2. Next, get a big bowl and mix together your meatloaf ingredients (but not the topping ingredients). Stir it all up until it’s evenly combined. Once it’s well-incorporated, shape the mixture into a loaf-shape and place it on a piece of aluminum foil. Shape the foil up and around the meatloaf and put it on top of the rack, securing the lid.
3. Make sure your lid is on tight and turn your pressure cooker on manual mode for 20 to 25 minutes. After that time is up, let the steam escape and check that your meatloaf is 155 degrees internally.
4. Next, lift your meatloaf out of the pressure cooker and put it on a baking sheet. In another side bowl, mix together your topping ingredients and brush that mixture over your meatloaf. Finally, set your meatloaf in the broiler for three to four minutes until it turns bubbly and caramelized.
5. Finally, add the rest of your ingredients to your pressure cooker and mash up your potatoes until they turn creamy to your preferred texture. Once it’s all done, slice up your meatloaf and you’re ready to serve!
While this recipe is somewhat limited to people who have pressure cookers to pull it off completely, a similar thing can be done by partitioning your slow cooker in half with two chunks of foil and adjusting the time to see how long it needs to cook for. Above all, this recipe leads to a delicious and easy dinner with a nice topping on the meatloaf that takes it all to the next level.
Have you tried this recipe yourself? Let us know what you thought in the comments.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group
ARVE Error: no video ID set
ARVE Error: no video ID set
Source: I Wash You Dry