If you struggle to come up with the perfect side dish for a special family dinner or to take to a potluck at work or a friend’s or family member’s house, we’ve found a recipe that you’ll absolutely love: oven-roasted potatoes.
This delicious recipe features two ingredients, one of which is a special secret ingredient. OK, we won’t keep you in suspense … it’s pesto!
Pesto is used to season so many traditional dishes, such as pizza, chicken, fish, pasta, and even bread.
“Pesto Alla Genovese originated in the 16th century from Genoa, which is located in the northern region of Liguria in Italy.” — A Spicy Perspective
Pesto usually consists of these ingredients: basil, olive oil, crushed garlic, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts. Other variations of pesto include using red pepper and sundried tomato.
Pesto even has some health benefits because it’s high in calcium, Vitamin C, iron, and Vitamin A. It’s sometimes used as a substitute for salad dressings, mayo, and creamy pasta sauces.
”A lot of people will take on look at the nutrition label, see the calorie count, and put the bottle back on the shelf. Please do not be that person. The calories come from the unsaturated fats, the ‘healthy fats’ which support heart health.” — Alyssa Loebig, Spoon University
Yummy oven-roasted potato recipe
The two ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe are mini new potatoes and basil pesto. You can buy jarred pesto, or if you’re really ambitious, you can make it yourself.
Here’s how to make this scrumptious side dish:
- Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Use parchment paper to line a large-size rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut smaller potatoes in half and the rest of the larger potatoes into quarters, and then put all of the potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Now it’s time to spoon your pesto sauce on top of the potatoes, tossing to make sure the potatoes are fully coated with the sauce.
- Make sure the potatoes are spread out in one layer on the baking sheet before roasting for 15 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes over, making sure they stay spread out in a single layer, and roast until they are crispy.
More amazing potato recipes
Here are 10 more fantastic potato recipes that you can make for any occasion.
- Garlic- and Sage-Infused Mashed Potatoes
- Lemony Potato Salad
- Potato Salad with Sweet Corn, Bacon, and Red Onion
- Stuffed Parmesan Potatoes
- Alfredo-Topped Baked Potatoes
- Extra Point Potato Skins
- Apple and Potato Gratin
- Potato-Gruyère Gratin
- Mashed Potato Casserole
- Thilda’s Potato and Egg Salad
Cheesy scalloped potato recipe
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Here’s one more amazing recipe you’ll absolutely love … it’s a cheesy scalloped potato recipe that is quick and easy to prepare. And it makes a perfect side dish for any dinner, including ham, turkey, chicken, pork, steak, and many others.
The ingredients you’ll need include:
- Russet potatoes (2 pounds)
- Freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided (2 1/2 cups)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Nonfat milk or half & half (2 cups)
- Salt & pepper
- Paprika (garnish)
- Fresh chopped chives or parsley (garnish)
To find out how to make the dish, click here. Prep time is 30 minutes, and cook time is 20 minutes.