Is there a limit to the uses we can come up with for a common kitchen slow cooker? If you have one at home, you know how invaluable these things are for cooking a variety of recipes. If you want to make a quick chili with all the canned beans you have left in your cupboard, it can handle that. If you want a quick and fruity dessert, it can handle that just as well.
Still, what you might not know is that it can also cook some of the tougher vegetables entirely whole just as well too! In particular, we think of baked potatoes as a recipe that needs to be made in the oven for it to turn out right. Fortunately, the recipe we have for you today proves that that’s simply not true. This delicious recipe will result in the most flavorful and creamy baked potatoes you’re likely to have—and the entire process couldn’t be easier. Without further ado, let’s get this show started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 pounds of small yellow potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 5 cloves of peeled and smashed garlic
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
Here’s what you do:
1. First, make sure you prepare your potatoes as necessary—clean them off and cut out any eyes or soft spots you might see. After that, drop them all in the slow cooker without slicing or peeling them.
2. After that, add in your mustard, honey and butter on top of them and mix everything together well. Add in your garlic and thyme and season it all with salt and pepper on top of that.
3. Once everything is set cover the entire thing and cook it on high for three hours. When enough time has passed, open it up and make sue that the potatoes have had enough time to cook through. If they’re done, take the sprigs of thyme out and serve the potatoes hot! Cut them up if you’d like for easier eating.
As you can see, this recipe couldn’t be easier and results in some truly delicious slow cooked potatoes that are just as good as oven-baked ones. The sauce that these ones are cooked in makes this recipe even better if you ask us. After all, rather than dipping your potatoes in honey mustard sauce, these ones come pre-marinated in it already!
As always, those who try this recipe out and have ways they want to innovate with it should feel free! Mix up the spices a little bit or add a little bit of cooked bacon to the mix if you’re feeling bold. On the other hand, adding some shredded cheese into this recipe at the end definitely wouldn’t hurt either. No matter what the context, these potatoes are a perfect savory side dish or a hearty meal… and they’re be perfect at any backyard summer cookouts you may be planning on having.
Have you given this recipe a try for yourself? Let us know how it went in the comments.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: Cooktop Cove