Do you know how to make perfect rice? Although making a simple steamed rice dish seems simple, there’s still some skill involved in preparing it perfectly. Beyond these easy preparations, rice is actually a more complex ingredient than it may seem. When it comes to taking your rice to the next level, it’s all about making a perfect risotto. Fortunately, that’s exactly what we’ll be doing today.
That’s right, this recipe is for a one-pot chicken and veggie risotto that comes out perfectly creamy and delicious. Even if you’re intimidated by making this dish, we have a step by step guide that shows you exactly how to do it. The results are a great meal that your family is sure to enjoy again and again. So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 cans of low-sodium chicken or beef stock
- 2 1/2 cups of Arborio rice
- 3/4 cups of dry white wine
- 1 cup of water
- 1 bunch of chopped asparagus
- 1/2 chopped zucchini
- 6 ounces of sliced portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Here’s what you do:
1. To start, get out a large frying pan or a Dutch oven over high heat and add oil to it. Once it’s hot, drop in your chicken breasts after seasoning them with salt and pepper. Brown them on each side for about four to five minutes before setting them aside.
2. If you haven’t prepared them yet, be sure to chop up your asparagus, zucchini and mushrooms. Once they’re ready, throw them in the pan as well until they’re softened—this should take approximately eight minutes. Pull them out of the pan and set them aside.
3. Once you’ve done that, melt your butter in the same dish and add your rice. Keep stirring everything together until the rice is toasted and lightly browned. At that point, you can add your veggies and chicken back in the pan.
4. Turn the heat down to medium and add your white wine as well. Keep cooking everything together until the wine completely evaporates while stirring throughout the entire process.
5. After the wine cooks off, begin to add in your chicken stock about one half to two-thirds of a cup at a time. Again, keep stirring everything and adding more liquid when the mixture gets dry enough for the spoon to leave a track through the rice.
6. When your chicken stock is totally absorbed, give the rice a taste. Ideally, it should be thick but still tender and able to spread a little. If compared to pasta, it should be al dente, not too crunchy and not too gummy either. Be sure to add your water only a little bit at a time. When you’re all done, serve the dish hot and add a little extra parmesan as a garnish! Season with salt and pepper to taste as well.
While a perfect risotto can be hard to make for even the most experienced cooks, if you follow these steps you should be well on your way. Although you’ll need to pay close attention to the rice while it’s browning and when you start adding in your wet ingredients, these instructions should contain everything you need to make delicious risotto. Give this recipe a shot and let us know how it goes!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group
Source: 12 Tomatoes