As little kids, we’re often very picky eaters—and maybe sometimes for good reason. Although our taste buds change, maybe we just don’t like certain dishes… or worse, our parents aren’t that good at cooking. All jokes aside, it can sometimes be a struggle to find dishes that the whole family will love (including the kids) that still don’t take too much work in the kitchen. Fortunately, we have one of those recipes for you today.
Let’s face it: some of the best meals out there are not very complicated. Meals don’t have to be particularly sophisticated to be a hit. In fact, some of them can be guilty pleasures that are simple to whip up, incorporating all of our favorite things. With that in mind, this pepperoni pizza macaroni and cheese recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family, but especially any picky little ones out there. As an added bonus, you can do it all in your slow cooker as well.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound of uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 pound of shredded cheese
- 1 cup of water
- 1 16-ounce jar of pizza or marinara sauce
- 8 ounces of sliced pepperoni
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
Here’s what you do:
1. To begin, dump all of your uncooked macaroni inside your slow cooker. Add in your cornstarch and mix everything together well so that all the noodles are evenly coated (approximately).
2. Once your noodles are well-coated, add in the rest of your ingredients as well. Make sure to stir everything up so that all the cheese and sauce are evenly distributed and spread out. Once you’ve got it all in there, cover the slow cooker and set it to cook on high for two hours. Be sure to stir it up after an hour!
3. When the time is up, open the slow cooker up and make sure that the noodles are cooked all the way through. If everything looks good, serve it while it’s hot (and maybe with some veggies on the side)!
Although you might have to save this one for special occasions, there’s no doubt that this dish is a seriously delicious crowdpleaser. Everybody loves pizza and everybody loves macaroni and cheese. Putting them together is also a winner, as this recipe definitely shows. After you’ve given this recipe a try, though, the basic lesson here is that delicious macaroni and cheese dinners can be made using a slow cooker.
If this one doesn’t turn out to be your cup of tea, why not try use the macaroni base of this recipe to create a delicious recipe of your own? You could always try a classic macaroni and cheese with simply noodles and cheese (maybe even adding some cooked bacon). On the other hand, you could make it a little healthier by throwing a bunch of vegetables in the mix. Above all, let’s all thank the slow cooker gods for making our lives that much easier.
Have you tried this recipe for yourself? Leave a comment and let us know how it went.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group
Source: Cooktop Cove