As far as lean proteins go, few are as popular as chicken. It’s an everyman food that can be prepared any number of ways, whether it’s baked, fried or cooked into a stir fry of some sort. If you’re staying on the healthier side of things, you’ll probably want to stick with baked chicken breasts covered in some sort of tasty, but still relatively healthy, marinade. We’ve all got our own favorite ways to do this, to be sure, but we just may have found the one that will top them all.
That’s right, today we’re showing you the perfect chicken marinade which will elevate even the most ordinary of chicken breasts into something delicious. The mixture includes olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and bevy of other savory ingredients. What’s even better is that although you’re supposed to let your chicken sit in this sauce for somewhere around four hours, it’s still potent enough that you could marinade for 30 minutes if you were in a pinch. So are you ready? Let’s make some delicious chicken.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup of lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard (or other spicy brown mustard)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 6 chicken breasts
Here’s what you do:
1. First, get a large mixing bowl and add in all of your ingredients except for the chicken breasts. Make sure to whisk everything together well to incorporate the flavors.
2. Once your marinade is ready, take half a cup of it out and set it aside for use later in the recipe. In the mean time, throw your chicken breasts in a large Ziploc bag and add the rest of your marinade in there as well. Seal it up and throw it in the fridge for between four and 24 hours, ideally.
3. After it’s ready, preheat your grill to medium high and spread some oil over the barbecue grates. Take your breasts out of the marinade bag and lay them on the grill, cooking on each side for about five to six minutes.
4. Throughout the grilling process, be sure to baste your chicken with the remaining marinade you set aside earlier in the recipe! After you’re sure each of the breasts has cooked through, take them off the grill and tent them with some aluminum foil. Let them rest for about five minutes and you’re ready to serve!
As you can see, making this recipe is about as simple as it gets—but it still results in incredibly flavorful chicken breasts. Because it combines so many different ingredients, the result is a savory, garlicky, sweet and tangy sauce that will soak into your meat and caramelize nicely over some high heat. Even if you’re trying to prepare your chicken in a healthy way by baking or grilling it, this sauce is definitely worth trying for yourself—make any adjustments you think it needs!
Have you given this marinade a try for yourself? Let us know how it went in the comments.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group
Source: Mom On Time Out