Among the many ways there are to prepare potatoes, one of the most delicious and beloved is the hash brown method. If you frequent fast food restaurants like McDonald’s or even if you go to diners with any regularity, you’re probably used to that delicious combination of crispy, soft and greasy potatoes with ketchup on the side. You can definitely make hash browns at home with more or less the same effect. Still, we’ve got a version of this recipe today that’s even more delicious.
If you have a slow cooker, you know just how good they are at taking a normal recipe and elevating it while making the cooking process easier. That’s the case for this hash brown casserole which combines all the best things about breakfast into one big, delicious dish. The actual preparation only takes about 10 minutes—after that, you just have to sit back and wait. Once you try this, it’s guaranteed to go into your rotation of breakfast meals. So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 pounds of shredded potatoes (frozen hash browns are ok)
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of cooked, chopped bacon
- 1 10-ounce can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
Here’s what you do:
1. To start, get out a big mixing bowl and throw in your shredded potatoes, cheese, sour cream, bacon, mushroom soup, green onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Make sure to stir everything up well so that it’s evenly combined.
2. After that, spoon the cheesy potato mixture into the bottom of your slow cooker in a nice even layer. When it looks good, cover it up. Set your slow cooker on low for five hours and let it cook.
3. After the time is up, open the slow cooker up and check to make sure that the potatoes are tender. If everything looks good, scoop it out onto a plate and eat it while it’s hot! Serve with ketchup on the side for an authentic hash brown experience.
As you can see, the components of this recipe are all incredibly simple and easy to combine. Still, the results are absolutely delicious. Like we mentioned at the beginning, the beauty of this dish is that it throws all the best flavors and textures of many different breakfast meals into one dish. The best part of it all? All you need to do is throw everything in a pot and walk away.
Although the above recipe definitely results in some great flavor, there’s also plenty of room to play with this and add your own flair to it. If you want to add in another layer of shredded cheese on top of the potatoes before you cook it, feel free. If you want to use a different kind of cheese besides cheddar, be our guest. Above all, have fun with the recipe and enjoy the cheesy results. Let us know how it goes!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: Cooktop Cove