Although slow cooker recipes are definitely easy to make, sometimes we go in without a clear plan in mind. Most of the time, we can throw a bunch of veggies, beans and meats into the dish, set it for some time and come back for a delicious chili that we’ll eat for days. Still, sometimes the results are a little bit boring. On the other hand, maybe it’s not spiced entirely right or it comes out overcooked from sitting in there for too long. Needless to say, the possibilities of the slow cooker are greatly elevated with the right recipe.
Today, we’re going to show you a nearly perfect recipe with this version of honey garlic chicken. Like all other slow cooker recipes, the process mostly just involves throwing everything in and forgetting about it. Still, the sauce here combines perfectly with the heat to create something a little sweet, a little spicy and a little bit tangy—all combined with some perfectly cooked chicken. When made correctly, you’ll never have to order out again. So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
Here’s what you do:
1. To get started, make sure your chicken thighs are patted down and trimmed as necessary before lining the bottom of your slow cooker with them. Although the recipe calls for only six, be sure to use enough of these to completely cover the bottom of whatever you’re cooking in.
2. In the meantime, get out a medium sized mixing bowl and combine your garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oregano and parsley. Be sure to whisk everything together so that it’s well-combined and evenly mixed.
3. With that done, pour your marinade over your chicken thighs, being sure to coat it all over. Next, put a lid on your slow cooker and set it to cook for four to five hours on low or three to four hours on high.
4. When the time is up, check to make sure that the chicken is cooked all the way through or to your liking. If it looks good, take the chicken out of the slow cooker and plate it. Use a ladle to spoon out more of the sauce over the chicken, sprinkle everything with some toasted sesame seeds and you’re ready to eat!
As if chicken weren’t already cheap enough, the chicken thighs used in this delicious recipe will help you keep your costs down while still being so delicious. Although the whole thing only uses a handful of simple ingredients, the end result comes together in a thick, tangy sauce that tastes absolutely perfect on chicken. As we said before, this sauce is so good that it may just replace any cravings you have for your local Chinese restaurant!
While the outline we’ve provided is simple enough, there’s always room to experiment within this recipe as well. Once you’ve tried this a few times, add some more spice to it as you see fit by adding in paprika or even some sliced up jalapeños. You can also add some thinly sliced scallions or green onions at the end as well. No matter how you do it, have fun with this recipe and let us know how it all turns out!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page