Anyone who has a slow cooker at home knows just how handy these things can be. They can be put to use for making meals of all kinds including dinners, desserts, snacks and everything in between. When it comes to making an easy dinner, they can be pretty hard to beat—and we all have our favorites. Still, this recipe is about as simple and delicious as slow cooker meals get.
Today, we’re making a straightforward beef and noodle dish which only takes about 20 minutes to prepare. As with most of these recipes, all you do is throw everything in the pot put a cover on it and wait for everything to be done. While the version we have uses fairly simple ingredients, you’ll see when you start to make it that there’s always room for customization as well. So what are we waiting for? Let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 1/2-2 pounds of beef stew cubes, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 cup of sliced white onion
- 1 1/2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 12 ounce package of egg noodles
- 2 cups of frozen peas
Here’s what you do:
1. To start things off, be sure to prepare your beef by cutting it up into small cubes and trimming it as necessary before throwing it all in the slow cooker. Add pepper on top along with your oregano, onions and mushrooms. Pour your cream of mushroom soup on top of it as well.
2. Once those ingredients are in, cover the slow cooker and set it to cook on high for five hours without lifting the lid. When the slow cooker ingredients are almost done, you can also cook your egg noodles on a stovetop according to the instructions on their package.
3. When the noodles are done, drain the water out of them and set them aside. When the time is up on the slow cooker, open the lid and drop in your noodles as well. Pour in your peas also and stir everything together until it’s well-combined. Add some salt as well. Recover the slow cooker and let it cook for up to 10 more minutes.
4. After the rest of the time has passed, scoop some of the mixture out into a bowl and enjoy!
As you can see, this recipe is incredibly straightforward and results in a nutritious and satisfying dinner that the whole family will enjoy. Though our version uses only peas and mushrooms in the final product, you could also experiment by adding in some frozen broccoli or some spinach to the mix as well. Though the spices work pretty well, everything is ultimately up to you.
As an added bonus, the ingredients for recipe can keep in a big freezer bag as well for easy cooking later on. To do this, throw all your ingredients in a bag and be sure to squeeze out any extra air that may be in there. You can keep it in the freezer for up to a month—just take it out the day before you’re ready to cook, throw the bag in the fridge until it thaws and proceed with the slow cooker process as necessary. As always, let us know how this recipe goes and enjoy!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: Cooktop Cove