As you probably already know, there so many different ways that you can make delicious chicken in a slow cooker. Because the taste of the meat is so mild, it pairs perfectly with all manner of different spices and flavors—and in a slow cooker, it couldn’t be easier to prepare. Even if you’re tried dozens of these different methods, we have a pretty unique one for you to try out today that you may not have tried before.
That’s right, today we’re making a Southern-style slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe, one that you’re sure to love. Like many similar dishes, all you really need to do is throw all your ingredients in, set the slow cooker and come back when it’s all done. As you’ll soon see, the end result is creamy, cheesy and well-balanced dish that is sure to be a hit with the whole family. So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of mozzarella
- 4 thinly sliced green onions
- 7 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- 1 can of pre-made biscuit dough
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
Here’s what you do:
1. First, be sure to prepare your chicken breasts as necessary before dropping them into your slow cooker. Add your sour cream, mozzarella, garlic, green onions, parsley, salt, pepper, water and flour as well. Once it’s all in there, stir everything thoroughly to make sure it’s combined.
2. Next, open up your can of biscuit dough and break out each roll. Cut each one in half and roll them into balls. After that, place each one of your biscuit dough balls around the top of the mixture, pushing them into the sauce slightly as you go.
3. With everything in place, tear off a couple of paper towels to cover the top of the mixture, overhanging the edge of the slow cooker (to absorb any extra moisture). Put your lid on top of it all and set it to cook on high for about three hours.
4. When the time is up, open the dish up and look to make sure everything looks like it’s cooked all the way through. If so, take the slow cooker base out of the cooker and let it sit for about five minutes. Once it’s cooled down, scoop the resulting dish into bowls and serve it up hot!
As you can see, this recipe is absolutely delicious and couldn’t be easier to make. While the creamy and cheesy chicken mixture is one thing, adding the layer of biscuits on top makes this an easier twist on chicken pot pie! While the above recipe will definitely result in a great meal, you can feel free to experiment with this dish as well. If you want to add more veggies or a different kind of cheese, feel free. Above all, have fun with this recipe and let us know how it all turns out!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group
Source: Cooktop Cove