When it comes to quick and easy dinners, a good slow cooker recipe really can’t be beat. If you have a tasty recipe to go from, these meals often end up being very satisfying, well-balanced and a cinch to throw together. Although you can use your slow cooker to make big messy chili-style dishes or even smoother potato soups and what not, it’s also equally good at cooking meat alongside a variety of vegetables. And that’s the kind of recipe we’re going to be taking on today.
That’s right, today we’re going to show you how to do a complete chicken dinner including the sides, all at once in your slow cooker. The seasoning brings all the ingredients a classic Italian flavor and the process lets the veggies absorb all the chicken fat flavor (and vice versa, of course). By the end of it all, your chicken should be perfectly cooked and juicy with some steaming hot, tender potatoes and carrots right along with it. So what are we waiting for? Let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 pounds of chicken breast fillets
- 19 ounces of small red potatoes
- 1/2 pound of trimmed baby carrots
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- fresh black pepper
Here’s what you do:
1. To start off, you’ll need to make your marinade for the chicken. Start this process by getting out a measuring cup or mixing cup and adding in your olive oil along with your lemon juice, oregano, onion powder, crushed garlic, salt and black pepper. Use a fork or a spoon to gently whisk the liquid together until it’s evenly combined.
2. Next, make sure your chicken breasts are trimmed and throw them in the middle of your slow cooker. Once those are in, chop up your red potatoes in rough chunks and toss those in on one side of the slow cooker as well. On the other side, throw in some whole baby carrots with the tops taken off and the skins peeled.
3. When everything is in the pot, pour your marinade on top of all the ingredients to make sure it’s all well-coated. Once that’s done, put the lid back on your slow cooker and set it to cook on low for eight hours or on high for four hours.
4. Once the time is up, cut into the chicken to make sure it’s cooked all the way through. If it looks good, serve it up on a plate while it’s hot and enjoy!
Although the above recipe is relatively simple and straightforward, the result is a well-rounded chicken dinner with everything included. When done correctly, this recipe will give you some of the softest and most deliciously flavored chicken you’ve probably had in a long time.
Because the above recipe is so straightforward, there’s plenty of room to experiment with other ingredients and seasonings as well. If you want to use different potatoes or additional veggies like onions and mushrooms, feel free to add those in as well! Using fresher spices can also give the dish an extra kick of flavor. Finally, searing your chicken in a pan can also give it a little additional flavor. Above all, have fun with this recipe and let us know what you think!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: Tip Hero