Have you ever tried making ribs in a slow cooker before?
For the most part, we assume that really good ribs can only be made with a lot of effort over a slow smoker for most of the day. Because most of us don’t have any meat smokers in our backyard, we never have ribs unless we bake them in the oven or we go out somewhere that specializes in making them. Fortunately, you actually can make them right at home using just a slow cooker. As an added bonus, you can tenderize them so perfectly with just a can of Coke. Once you try this recipe once, you’ll want it again and again.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 rack of baby back ribs
- 1 can of Coca-Cola
- 1 cup of barbecue sauce
Here’s what you do:
1. Salt and pepper ribs generously on both sides.
2. Wrap ribs around outside of crock pot.
3. Pour Coke over ribs and cook for 8-10 hours.
4. Cover a oven safe pan with aluminum foil.
5. The meat will be falling off the bones, so carefully transfer the ribs to the foil lined pan (meaty side up).
6. Cover ribs with barbecue sauce and place under broiler until sauce starts to sizzle and caramelize.
7. Remove from oven and serve.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page