A big part of summer is getting together with family and friends to enjoy the nice weather. Whether its down to a public pool or in the backyard with friends, hanging out and eating delicious food together is one of the best parts of the season. Still, although we all love burgers and hot dogs at a grill-out, we all save room for whatever the dessert is. Fortunately, we have a perfect dessert recipe for you today.
Though slow cookers can be used to make all kinds of savory dinner dishes, not everyone knows that you can also use them to bake desserts. That’s why today, we’re making an incredible, pull-apart monkey bread recipe right in the slow cooker. The ingredients are simple enough to put together and at the end, the result is a gooey, sweet, cinnamon-flavored dish that will have your mouth watering. So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 can of biscuit dough
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of butter
Here’s what you do:
1. To get started, make sure to grease up the bottoms and the sides of your slow cooker with butter or non-stick spray. In the meantime, get out a bowl and mix together your sugar and cinnamon.
2. Next, take the dough out of the can and break it up into quarters. Toss the dough chunks with your sugar mixture and make sure that all of the biscuits are well-coated all the way around.
3. When the biscuit dough is ready, put the biscuits evenly around the greased up slow cooker. Next, cover the biscuits up with a layer of paper towels before putting a lid on top of the slow cooker and letting it cook on high for two hours.
4. At the end of the process, take your lid off the slow cooker and take the paper towels out. Let the biscuits cool off for about three minutes before you dig in and enjoy!
As we said, the ingredients to this dish are easy to combine and everything comes together very quickly. The end result is some fluffy, pillowy biscuits covered in cinnamon sugar that your whole family is sure to love. Although the recipe is delicious enough as it is, you can also take this to the next level by adding a little bit of frosting or glaze to the end result as well.
When the biscuits are ready, serve them up with some additional melted butter and a little bit of glaze as well. To take a little bit of the heat away, you can even add a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you’d like! Above all, have fun with this recipe and let us know what you think!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: Cooktop Cove