When you go out to a nice Italian restaurant, what do you usually like to eat? Some of us like a meatier dish like chicken parmesan while others might go with a comforting classic like a pizza. Still, Italian cuisine is known perhaps above all for it’s incredible pasta dishes. When you have a recipe that combines the right noodles, sauce and toppings together, there’s no limit to how delicious it can taste. And we just happen to have one of those special recipes for you.
Today, we’re going to show you how to make a classic shrimp scampi pasta that tastes just as delicious as anything you would get at a restaurant. While it works even better with fresh shrimp, feel free to use whatever’s available. Just like your favorite Italian restaurant’s version, the end result is a buttery, creamy and cheesy dish full of delicious shrimp and veggies. Even if you like comfort food, there’s no reason why it can’t be elevated, right? So let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 pound of spaghetti
- 1 pound of rinsed asparagus
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- grated parmesan
Here’s what you do:
1. First, get out a large pot and fill it up with water, bringing it to a boil. Add in a tablespoon of salt and a tablespoon of olive oil before adding your pasta. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package, preferably until they’re al dente. When that’s done, drain the pasta before putting the noodles back in the pot to warm.
2. Next, take out your asparagus and rinse them as necessary. Trim the stiff ends off and chop the remaining spears into thirds. After that, get out a large pan with some depth and place it over medium-high heat. Add in a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter before throwing in your asparagus.
3. Season the asparagus with your salt and pepper and let it all cook for five minutes, until the texture is crisp-tender. Stir throughout the process until the asparagus is cooked to your liking and take it all out of the pan.
4. Use the same skilled and add another two tablespoons of oil and two tablespoons of butter. Throw in your garlic and let it cook for a minute, stirring throughout. Add your shrimp as well in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Keep cooking them until they turn pink, about two minutes per side.
5. Finally, add your lemon juice, chopped parsley and lemon zest. Stir everything up and turn off the heat. With everything ready, toss the noodles and the cooked shrimp mix together and you’re ready to eat! Top it off with grated parmesan and enjoy.
While there are a few different steps to this recipe, all of them are easy enough to pull off. All the ingredients you’ll use are relatively cheap and the result is so buttery and delicious. As always, have fun with this recipe and experiment with it as you see fit!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Sweet and Savory
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: Natasha’s Kitchen