Imagine the mouth-watering flavors of bacon-cheddar potato skins served up in casserole form and you have the recipe created by mom and chef Laura Vitale.
She’s a home-cooking expert that knows just how much work it can be to feed a hungry family.
Luckily, her easy to prepare potatoes are something that everyone is guaranteed to enjoy!
“It is out of this world delicious if you love loaded baked potatoes or potato skins and then you put a little bit of ranch on it, this is the recipe for you” explains Vitale on her YouTube channel Laura in the Kitchen.
Loaded baked potatoes served up as a main dish… what’s not to love?
You can definitely count us in! According to Vitale, the recipe takes just 15 minutes to prepare, coupled with 1 hour 5 minutes of cook time. It serves up to six people.
We’ll give you the rundown of how everything was prepared, followed by the full recipe instructions at the bottom of the page.
To start, Vitale preheated the oven to 400 degrees.
Then she peeled 2 pounds of Russet potatoes and chopped them into cubes.
She layered them across the bottom of a baking dish.
Vitaled prepared the potatoes by drizzling melted butter across them.
Then she coated them with dried parsley, onion flakes, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
She sealed the baking dish shut with aluminum foil and tossed it in the oven to cook for an hour.
Halfway through, she took the dish out, removed the aluminum foil, and stirred the potatoes around.
For the remaining thirty minutes, she baked the potatoes uncovered. She explained that you will likely need to stir them again at least once during this time to assure that everything gets evenly cooked.
To finish the dish off, Vitale topped the potatoes with ranch dressing, cooked bacon, and extra sharp cheddar.
Then she baked them an additional 5 minutes until the cheese was melted.
Finally, the dish was covered with some chopped scallions, adding the perfect finishing touch.
It looked incredibly delicious.
“I’m going to need to just dig in because I literally can’t even take it anymore,” joked Vitale.
The final verdict was clear — this is a dish that is definitely going to be a regular menu item in the future.
We can’t imagine how good it must make the kitchen smell! As soon as your family steps in the door, they are going to be running over to the oven to have a look.
Scroll down to see the detailed recipe.
- 2 lb of Potatoes, cubed and peeled
- 3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp of Dried Onion Flakes
- 2 tsp of Dry Parsley
- 1/2 cup of Ranch Dressing
- 5 Slices of Cooked Bacon, diced into small pieces
- 1-1/2 cups of Extra Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, as desired
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
2. Combine the potatoes, butter, onion flakes, parsley, salt, and pepper in a baking dish.
3. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and place it in the oven for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the aluminum foil and stir the potatoes.
5. Place the dish back in the oven and bake uncovered an additional 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
6. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Drizzle ranch dressing over them, as well as bacon and cheese. Cook the dish in the oven for around 5 more minutes until the cheese is fully melted.
7. Sprinkle the scallions across the top, and enjoy!
It’s a dish that’s incredibly easy to make and sure to be a family favorite.
Watch the full video showcasing the recipe in action below.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.